I am a Registered Psychologist and Certified Grief Recovery Specialist working in Edmonton, Alberta. I have over a decade long of work experience with individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs (e.g. mood disorders, OCD, developmental delays, learning issues, executive functioning dysfunctions, emotional regulation, and sensory processing difficulties etc.).
When working with children, my goal is to teach, support and help them grow through play activities. I consistently encourage the participation of guardians through consultation and counselling as I believe that guardian’s involvement are the consistent determiners of long-term success in their child’s life. I also provide individual counselling for adolescents and adults. In therapy, I value the process in creating a safe and holding environment for clients. I believe each person is the expert of their own experiences, and therefore I respect each situation and all beliefs about personal change.
My therapeutic approach is accepting, inclusive and practical. I have significant interest in the beliefs, values, and cultural backgrounds of others due to my own personal cultural experiences. I speak English, Mandarin, and Bahasa and can comprehend Cantonese.
- Anger Management
- Children and Teens
- Cross Cultural
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Aggression (to self and others)
- Neurodevelopment Disabilities (Autism, ADHD, etc.)
- Executive Functioning
- Parenting (Separation anxiety, understanding typical development)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Strength Based Approaches
- Solution-Focused Approaches
- Grief Recover Method
- Exposure & Response Prevention (EX/RP)
- Functional Behavioural Analysis